Newer Posts

As of December 2nd, 2012 we are posting our blogs at a new blogspot address since we apparently max'd out our data storage with this one. You can get to our current posts at http://claywardcrew2.blogspot.com

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Deployment for Kids to...


No.. I didn't ship my kids off over seas or anything crazy like that.... there was a fun activity for the kids on base this weekend. They had a program that taught kids about deployments - so they could understand where mommy and daddy go and what they do when they are away. It was great! The kids went through each step of pre-deployment, the aircraft, being deployed and coming home. CJ loved walking around the KC-135 and sitting in the pilot seat. He kept saying... "I want to fly the airplane... I want to take off." It was like pulling teeth getting him out of that cockpit....looks like we might have another pilot in the family!! I don't think Preston was as comfortable as CJ in the cockpit...as soon as we placed him in the copilot seat he started crying. On the way home after the program had ended, we asked CJ how he liked the activity. He said "Good, but I want to fly the airplane ...and take off in the sky" I tried to think of what to say... so I said, "Well, honey in order to fly the airplane and take off you need to go to school for a long time like Daddy." Well, as you could have probably guessed, that satisfied our three year old for oh...a minute than he continued to say " I want to fly it in the sky now..." But, other than that minor disappointment, I really think he enjoyed the day. The military staff did an excellent job and had things very organized....here are a few pictures of today's activities.






2 comments:

Lisa said...

What a great idea. I'm sure it'll help CJ. And how fun to have another pilot-in-the-making! You never know- it could happen! Glad to see you and the boys are doing so well. Miss ya!

deannegalloway said...

Has clay left yet? Anyway, You're pictures are super cute! I can't believe that CJ is three already. We really need to get together with you guys. Have a great sunday.