Newer Posts

As of December 2nd, 2012 we are posting our blogs at a new blogspot address since we apparently max'd out our data storage with this one. You can get to our current posts at http://claywardcrew2.blogspot.com

Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Candy Bandit

Ok...today was just ONE OF THOSE DAYS at church! Trying to wrangle two boys, keep them in their seats, keep them semi-quiet, all the while trying to listen.... yeah, I really don't think I accomplished any of those (plus, it didn't help that the speakers went 20 minutes OVER!)....then it got worse! When I went into nursery to do singing time (yes, I am the primary chorister and usually the funnest time is singing with the nursery)..well, today the kids seemed to be off the wall...and yes, mine was THE worst...what the heck had gotten into this kid? I even jokingly said "who has been feeding this kid sugar?" The nursery leader immediately pipped up and said, "we just fed him crackers and water, promise!" I thought back to what he had had for lunch and nope...no sugar either. What was going on? This kid was going crazy, he couldn't/wouldn't sit still, was running all over the place, he was literally out of control...I haven't seen him like this, I was beside myself! I was mortified when I thought.....oh man, I still have a meeting after church, and I have this out of control child....(so I stood in the doorway for this very informal meeting, while CJ walked up and down the hall...he couldn't stand still...) When we finally got home, I was exhausted, the kids were tired, we were all STARVING, so...we set to work getting everyone happy. While I was trying to be super mommy, I decided I needed a little extra pump of energy because my tank was soo low - I reached for my stash of mini Reeses peanut butter cups (I keep them up on the counter in a dish) -it is used for such occasions as this..when I need that extra boost on the go. What did I find? IT WAS EMPTY!! That little dish had several pieces left in it... I know. I looked at CJ and asked, What happened to the candy? "I ate it" When? "When you were on the phone" Lights turned on! I had received a phone call not long before we left for church, he must have gotten a stool, climbed up and ate all the candy before heading to church. No wonder he was out of control! So, my question was finally answered, Who has been feeing this kid sugar? HE HAS! I stood there in the kitchen looking at CJ, and all I could do was laugh. Goodness, gracious. What a day. I'm beat.

5 comments:

deannegalloway said...

I totally know about those days! However you doing it by yourself is amazing! It looks like you had a good time with your family and I can't believe that Preston is 1! Wow, time flies. I hope we can see you guys soon!

Lisa said...

Oh brother, what a sneaky guy!! Man, just wait. You'll get your payback when CJ has his own kids- and YOU get to give them candy!!! Bwaahh ha ha!! (evil laugh)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melissa said...

Oh I love these motherhood stories- it is so prefect. We had a doosy of a Sunday too. It was the second time in our new church building and Josh was out of control. We had a big FHE about how we act in church and I hope it sunk in. But probably not. And I'm SO sorry to hear that your stash was empty- that shouldn't happen. I love that you are chorister! How fun! I would love to do that!

Nate said...

That story absolutely CRACKS me up!! I can totally see the moment in my mind, and I can't help from laughing. As Nate always says, "Our kid better be as cool as CJ." We love that kid!!!